Tuesday 8 March 2016

Partial Solar Eclipse (86% covered)


Singapore experienced a partial solar eclipse on 9 March 2016 between 7.24 to 9.30 am.

It was a fine good day with minimum cloud blockage. Unfortunately, I was unable to take a good clear picture of the Sun, despite my house good vantage point. All because I don't have a good sunshade or filter 😫 So sad ...💦
However, it was a wonderful experience.
I took a photo of the morning Sun about 10 minutes before the event started.

The eclipse started ...


When more of the Sun Surface has been blocked by the Moon, the gound started to dim down, but not the sky.


In spite of almost reaching the 86% blockages, the Sun was still too strong to the naked eyes.


I spent my morning standing behind the window curtain taking interval glimpse of the "dimming Sun". Capturing the event with my iPhone 6. Wow!

 Looking forward to the next eclipse on 26 Dec 2019 :)



No comments:

Post a Comment